Last Updated on
Make these DIY magnetic wine cork planters as a neat craft to repurpose wine corks. Works as a unique gift to anyone!
This project is perfect for ayone who loves wine and gardening. Or anyone who likes little cute items decorating their home (wine themed decor anyone?). I’ve been inspired by a pin I once saw on Pinterest for this project. A mini cork succulent planter magnet. Does it get any cuter? I don’t think so! It’s sentimental, compact, practical, green and stylish. A tiny planter from a wine cork is a project cool enough for Bob Vila to blog, so it’s good enough for me too! Let’s begin.
Table of Contents
Materials and Tools
- Corks made from cork not plastic (don’t throw them away after you open a bottle of wine)
- Potting soil
- Very small succulent cuttings
- Paring knife
- Glue gun
How to Do It
- CAREFULLY, hollow out the center of a wine cork with the puncher and knife until you’ve hollowed it out halfway.
- Glue magnet onto cork.
- Fill the hole with potting soil and add the succulent.
- Use an eyedropper to water.
- Put on your fridge and enjoy!
WARNING: This might not be a craft for a child or a clumsy adult!
- Hostess gifts
- Special occasions
- Wine lovers
- Green lovers
- Thank you gifts
- Green thumb friends
- really, anyone!