Last updated on
You heard me correctly, dinner in a bag. Did I mention it was a paper bag? This isn’t your typical meal, this is a show stopper! The good news is, your palate will forever love you and it’s simple to prepare. This can be made in under an hour total. Although not necessary, I recommend making the sauce at least a few hours ahead so the flavors have more time to develop. This meal definitely has fun factor too. You sit down in front of a paper bag on your plate. Then you just rip it open as a cloud of steam full of amazing aromas suddenly hits your senses. It’s pure happiness!
This recipe comes from the kitchen of Michael Chiarello. RECIPE HERE. As usual, I did a few little tweaks to the original recipe. I use cod or halibut in place of the swordfish. I also double the red pepper flakes (if you like spicy) and lemon juice. If I have basil growing, I throw that into the sauce as well. (2 tbsp )
- Impressing your significant other.
- Cooking a meal for your foodie friend.
- A large sit-down dinner.
- When you don’t really like fish but need or want to eat more of it.
- Hanging with your in-laws.
- When your dishwasher is on the blink. (easy cleanup, see photo below)