Last Updated on
This is the real budget-friendly backyard makeover we’ve undertaken from start to finish. We love it how it turned out! Check out the fantastic photos and tips at the end.
It’s been a few months since my first post about giving our backyard a little mini makeover. We finally finished most of it. It was helpful that our yard had good bones, to begin with. Although there was a lot of work to do, it wasn’t a huge DIY undertaking. Our new pergola and paver floors were the only real big projects. We have a few more cosmetic things to do, (hang lights, find our bbq a better location, plant veggies in our new bed, etc…) but does anyone ever completely finish a remodel? We are enjoying the fruits of our labor. Speaking of that, a special thanks to our amazing crew, a.k.a. family & friends!
- Make chaise lounge bolster cushions using hip dish towels. (I bought mine at Target, they’re by Dwell)
- Dress your faded outdoor cushions with covers made from simple white towels. Easy (if you can sew, or like me knows someone who sews…thanks Con!) to make and easy to clean. I don’t recommend patterned or color towels due to sun fading.
- Mix vintage/garage sale furniture pieces with new ones. You not only save money this way, but it adds character reflective of you.
- Shop at your local discount stores and online. We purchased our dining table online at Pier One and bought our dining chairs at Homegoods.
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Try to be reasonable and flexible when planning your mini-remodel. (especially if this is a DIY project) Pick two things that are important to you. In our case, it was the pergola and having a dining room table outside to eat on after that everything is a bonus!