Last updated on
Refreshing your bathroom with a gray and purple palette will transform your space into a stylish, soothing retreat because of the balance these two tones provide.
I’m incredibly proud to have developed and illustrated these 20 trendy gray and purple bathroom ideas for you, and I sincerely hope they inspire and infuse as much fun into your decorating journey as I’ve had while creating them.
Dive into the world of home decor with a unique blend of gray and purple for your bathroom.
This article will guide you through an array of stylish ideas that combine these two hues to create a soothing and elegant atmosphere.
From lavender accents on dove gray walls to amethyst sink basins in a slate-colored room, you’ll discover how to balance these colors for a harmonious aesthetic.
The article will also offer practical advice on selecting the right shades and materials for your space.
So, get ready to transform your bathroom into a chic and tranquil retreat with the power of gray and purple.
Purple Bath Towels On White Radiators
Adding a purple bath towel draped over a white radiator combines functionality with aesthetic appeal. This vibrant pop of color breaks the simplistic white backdrop, creating a visually engaging contrast. The warmth from the radiator not only keeps your towel cosy and dry but also subtly diffuses the color into the room, enhancing the ambiance.
For optimal effect, consider selecting towels with varying shades of purple from light lilac to deep plum. Ensure to choose high-quality towels that maintain their vibrancy even after several washes. For a cohesive look, these can be complemented with matching hand towels on the basin.
Gray Marble or Granite Bathroom Countertops
Solid, sleek and highly durable – these hallmarks of marble and granite make them an excellent choice for a sophisticated look. Opting for a gray shade adds a touch of modern-classic style to your bathroom counters.
To elevate this choice, consider pairing with white or light-colored cabinets, savvy match with stainless steel fixtures. For an aesthetic twist, opt for a pebbled or speckled pattern that tends to mask small spills or stains.
The beauty: every slab of marble or granite is unique, bestowing your countertop with its inimitable charm. Moreover, both materials can take on a high polish, offering a chic, glossy finish that redoubles the feel of luxury in your zone of relaxation.
Purple Ornamental Vases On Bathroom Shelves
Ornamental vases are more than just containers for flowers. They’re a design element that can transform your bathroom shelves into a stylish display. Opt for variations in the shades of purple to create a visual interest.
A royal purple vase can bring elegance, while a pale lavender one exudes tranquility.
Consider different materials for an eclectic style. A glass vase will catch the light beautifully, while a ceramic one can add texture. Whether empty or filled with aromatic dried flowers, these purple accents provide an effortlessly chic and refreshing feel.
Choose a strategic position for these vases. Set one next to the sink for a surprise pop of color, or place several of different heights together for an eye-catching arrangement. Pairing them with neutral-colored items, like soap bottles or jars, can help the purple hues stand out even more.
Remember, the key is to balance this bold color with the surrounding décor, allowing the ornamental vases to elevate the look of your bathroom without overwhelming it.
Gray Tiling With Purple Grout
Experimenting color contrast is a great way to bring life to any space. There’s no better spot for this than where tiles meet grout. For an eye-catching impact, coat the grout between gray tiles with a purple hue.
Here are three quick pointers to consider:
- 1. Purple grout may pop more on larger gray tiles due to the increased grout lines visible.
- 2. Complementing darker gray tiles with light purple grout or vice versa, offers a striking contrast.
- 3. Ensure the grout is sealed properly to maintain the vibrant purple color over time.
Remember, small details can create a big visual impact. Have fun experimenting with different shades to find the combo that suits your personal style!
Floor-to-ceiling Gray Tiles
Incorporating floor-to-ceiling tiles offers a fluid, seamless look while enhancing the perceived height and size of a bathroom. Gray, given its versatility, is best suited for this, able to project either a warm or cool ambiance depending on the chosen shade. Moreover, it introduces a refined elegance to your bathroom and is compatible with many fixtures.
Here are some ways to get the most out of this design:
- Choose glossy tiles to reflect light better, making the bathroom feel larger and brighter.
- Grout color matters. Pick a grout color matching the tiles to offer a seamless look or a contrasting color for a more defined tile design.
- Consider different shapes. Square or rectangular are the most common, but hexagonal or other geometric shapes can introduce an exciting aesthetic twist.
- Opt for large-format tiles. They have fewer grout lines and give a modern, clean look.
Properly executing these tips will play up the modern edge, enhancing the look and feel of your bathroom.
Purple Backlit Mirror in a Gray Bathroom
A purple backlit mirror provides a gorgeous pop of color while offering practical, soft lighting beneficial for a range of bathroom tasks. Choose energy-efficient LED strips in a purple shade to backlight your mirror. Position the lights to achieve an alluring glow surrounding the mirror.
This lighting style not only creates extra illumination but also adds depth and dimension to your bathroom. If your grey walls are on the darker side, they will contrast dramatically with the purple light, adding a sense of modern elegance and style. For a cozier feel, opt for a warmer purple hue.
Mirrors of different shapes and sizes can be used depending on your bathroom space and requirement. It’s a simple yet effective way of adding a sophisticated, stylish touch to your bathroom.
Lavender Scented Candles or Bath Oils
Opting for lavender scented candles and bath oils is an excellent way to subtly introduce a purple element in the bathroom while enhancing the relaxation atmosphere of the space.
Try the following:
- Place candles sporadically around the bathroom, perhaps on the sink, near the tub, or on shelves. Their strategic placement not only adds a splash of purple hue but also generates a calming ambiance once lit.
- Pick varying sizes of candles for an intriguing visual element.
- Bath oils are best stored next to your bathtub or shower. Apart from their aesthetic appeal, once incorporated into your bath, they release an intoxicating lavender aroma.
- Remember, safety first; always blow out candles before leaving the room or retiring to bed.
- Experiment with different brands of lavender scented candles and bath oils to find the one that best suits your preference.
- Keep lavender bath salts handy for a heightened sensory experience.
Engaged with the delightful fragrance of lavender, your gray and purple bathroom will transform into a blissful retreat.
Purple and Gray Blend Tiled Backsplash
Opting for a blend of purple and gray tiles can create an elegant yet punctuated aesthetic. The combination brings a burst of color to the gray, adding personality to your space. These tiles could be arranged in an appealing geometric pattern or a classic herringbone style, adding a touch of sophistication.
Consider using matte gray tiles peppered with glossy purple ones for an interesting play on textures. This not only gives the backsplash a unique look but also prevents it from appearing too monochromatic.
You could also use tinted grout in a contrasting shade to make the tiles pop even more. Just be sure to choose a grout color that complements the overall color scheme of your bathroom. For instance, if the bathroom’s dominant tone is gray, a pale lavender grout can create an interesting visual effect.
Finally, use strategically placed lighting to highlight this artistic feature in your bathroom. Under-cabinet or above-cabinet lights could help accentuate the color blend and draw more attention to your stylish backsplash.
Gray Vanity With Purple Hardware
A vanity plays a key role in upscaling a bathroom’s aesthetic. Opt for a classic gray tone, as it exudes elegance and blends seamlessly with various color schemes. Coupling it with purple hardware pulls the whole look together, adding a pop of color for that playfully distinctive ensemble.
Here’s your action plan:
- Search for hardware knobs or handles in purple hues. It can range from lavender to plum depending on the dose of color you want for your space.
- Opt for a simple glossy gray vanity. Its neutral shade fully complements the purple tones.
- Experiment with shapes and sizes for your hardware to keep an interesting visual dynamic.
- Consider the finishes of both the vanity and hardware to maintain a balanced yet stylish look.
This chic combination is not just a style statement but also a testament to your clever forward-thinking design. The gray vanity and purple hardware might just be the pair your bathroom needs to level up its look.
Varying Shades of Gray and Purple Bathmat
Experimenting with different hues can create a striking aesthetic. Instead of sticking to just one shade, consider playing with a range of purples and grays for your bathmat. This can add depth and visual interest to your bathroom.
1. Depth & Variation: Different shades can provide a sense of layered texture, even on a flat surface like a bathmat.
2. Harmony: Ensure there’s a balance in the intensity of colors, keep darker grays with deeper purples and vice versa.
3. Material Choices: Opt for materials that hold dye well for a bright, long-lasting look, such as cotton or microfiber.
4. Pattern Play: Polka dots, stripes or geometric shapes can bring an additional layer of style.
5. Care & Maintenance: Choose a machine-washable mat that can withstand regular cleaning, crucial for preserving the vibrancy of the colors.
6. Size & Shape: Depending on the bathroom space, choose an appropriate size. The shape can be traditional rectangle or an unconventional round or oval.
Transform your bathroom floor into an attractive design feature without compromising functionality. Experiment away with those shades, happy decorating!
Purple Window Blinds or Curtains
Choosing the right window treatment can truly transform your bathroom’s aesthetic. If you’re after a bold statement, opt for rich, deep purple blinds that will provide a lovely contrast against gray walls.
Alternatively, light lavender curtains can add a touch of softness and serenity. They bring in natural light and add a pop of color.
Textures can also play a big role. Velvet curtains generate a luxurious aura, while linen or cotton blinds express a more casual feel.
Remember, your window treatment isn’t simply for privacy; it’s an integral component of your color scheme and style.
Gray Stone-like Wallpaper
The visual texture of stone can bring an elemental, earthy feel to your bathroom, enhancing its calming, spa-like atmosphere. Opting for a gray palette not only adds sophistication but also introduces a modern, minimalist aesthetic. Wallpapering might often be associated with the living room or bedroom, but don’t discount its power to transform your bathroom space.
- Break up the monotony: Incorporate wallpaper with varying shades of gray to keep the design dynamic. This adds depth and visual interest, preventing the room from appearing flat.
- Material considerations: Waterproof or scrubbable wallpapers are specifically designed for high-moisture areas like bathrooms. This ensures the longevity and durability of your design.
- Room size: In small bathrooms, select simple, light gray patterns to expand the space visually. In larger bathrooms, you can experiment with darker hues or more intricate designs.
- Balance: Pair your stone-like wallpaper with softer elements such as plush towels and elegant bathroom accessories. This adds a touch of luxury and prevents the space from feeling too harsh.
- Mood Lighting: Curate lighting that complements the wallpaper. Soft lighting will enhance the stone texture and tones in the wallpaper, contributing to a serene atmosphere.
Remember, wallpapers are a great option if you want to establish a theme, create instant impact, and inject your personality into the space.
Vintage Purple Clawfoot Tub in a Gray Room
Placing a distinctive, deep-hued bathtub in a room painted with muted gray can create visual contrast and a striking focal point. The classic charm and elegance of the clawfoot tub are undeniable, and pairing it with a surrounding of gray not only allows it to shine but also exudes a modern, minimalist feel.
Here are a few points to consider:
- Opt for matte or satin finishes for the gray walls to balance out the shimmer of the tub’s enamel finish.
- Place the tub near a window to enhance its color in the natural light.
- Highlight architectural features of the room, like a fireplace or mouldings, with the same purple tone.
- Pair with chrome or silver fixtures for a cohesive look.
- Accent with a purple bath mat or rug to unify the room’s color scheme.
Gray and Purple Mosaic Tile Shower Enclosure
For a striking yet sophisticated statement, consider a mosaic tile design encompassing both cooler grays and vibrant purples for the shower enclosure. The aesthetic appeal lies in the nuanced balance between these colors, creating a captivating visual texture.
Here are some points to ponder as you envision this:
- Variation is key. Opt for a mix of large and small tiles arranged in an intriguing pattern to keep the look intriguing.
- Focus on balance. Don’t let one color overpower the other. Strive for an equal or nearly equal distribution of gray and purple tiles.
- Select shades wisely. Opting for lighter grays and purples can make your bathroom feel airy and open, whilst darker tones will lend a sense of intimacy and coziness.
- Glossy finish tiles. These will reflect light within the enclosure, brightening the space while adding an extra layer of luxe.
- Create a focal point. Consider centering a distinct pattern or motif within the enclosure to give a unique touch.
Experiment with different design strategies to create a mosaic masterpiece that breathes new life into your bathroom.
Gray Wooden Cabinets With Purple Knobs
Injecting a bit of color into a bathroom doesn’t always mean painting the walls. Updating gray wooden cabinets with a distinctive pop of color can create an incredibly chic look. Let’s explore a couple of ways to achieve this:
1. Choose purple knobs made from crystal or ceramic to add a refined but playful vibe. These elegant materials gleam under the bathroom lights, enhancing the color.
2. Balancing the two colors is key. Opt for lighter shades of gray woods, like ash or beech, which allow the vibrant purple colors to shine through without engulfing the room.
3. Consider the style of the knobs. Cute floral shapes or motifs can contribute to a more traditional or shabby chic look, while cleaner-lined geometric shapes cater to a modern aesthetic.
4. Mix and match knobs for a touch of eclecticism. This can add visual interest to your bathroom without overwhelming it with color. Cohesion can be maintained by staying within the color family.
This subtle contrast between a neutral gray and stunning purple not only revives your bathroom interior but also makes it an area of relaxation with the warmth of wood and a vibrant pop of color. The unique touch of purple knobs can truly make standing by the sink a more joyful experience!
Purple Vanity Lights in a Gray Bathroom
Ensuring sufficient light in the bathroom is crucial for tasks such as applying makeup, shaving or simply for a warm relaxing ambiance. Positioning lights around the vanity can dramatically increase visibility and help create a well-lit, cozy environment. Choosing a purple shade for these lights introduces a modern and charming twist to the conventional white or yellow alternatives.
Moreover, purple vanity lights emit a soft, dulcet glow that can highlight the gray hues of your bathroom decor. The interplay between the hues adds depth to the aesthetics while staying true to the color theme. The colored lighting lends a boutique hotel sophistication and a unique accent, setting your bathroom apart.
Offered in a range of styles, from modern LEDs to vintage lantern-like designs, these lights can be selected based on personal preference and the overall style of your bathroom. Furthermore, using energy-efficient bulbs will ensure a longer lifespan and substantial savings on the electric bill.
Lastly, dimmer switches will let you dial down the intensity, creating an inviting ambiance for long soothing baths. Remember, the perfect balance lies in the smooth interplay of purple and gray, creating a symmetrical display of magic in the comfort of your home.
Light Gray Walls With Purple Baseboards
Incorporating this color scheme is a unique way to add subtle yet impactful accents to your bathroom. Start with a neutral light gray paint to provide the perfect backdrop. This color is versatile and brings a sense of calmness and peace. It’s also timeless, ensuring your bathroom doesn’t look dated as trends change.
Now, consider the baseboards. Painting these a striking purple will inject a dash of fun and modern feel into the space. Opt for a deeper shade to create a stunning contrast with the gray walls. It’s an innovative touch that can redefine your bathroom aesthetics with an intriguing blend of contemporary and classic.
Remember to match the purple baseboard with other elements like bath towels or a decorative vase to maintain a seamless look, which is a key principle in interior design. Finally, consider lighting fixtures that complement both colors, giving your bathroom a balanced and harmonious atmosphere.
Patterned Purple and Gray Shower Curtains
A shower curtain not only provides privacy but also is a massive canvas for self-expression. And what better way to express your taste than with a patterned purple and gray piece? Let’s explore some ways to make this work.
1. Choose a curtain with different hues of gray and purple. This can add depth and make your bathroom feel more dimensional.
2. If you prefer minimalistic aesthetic, go for subtle patterns like thin stripes or color blocks.
3. For a bold look, consider patterns that combine abstract designs with these two colors.
4. Accessorize with matching hooks in purple or gray to give the curtain a more unified look.
Rather than being just a functional item, transform your shower curtain into a piece of art that captures the essence of your personality and style.
Gray Framed Artwork With Splashes of Purple
To capitalize on the chic appeal of the color combo, hang artwork in varying shades of gray, but with a twist: look for pieces that include bursts of purple. These can be abstract paintings, monochrome prints with purple accents, or even gray-toned photographs highlighting purple elements.
The artwork can add a further dimension to your design scheme, breaking the uniformity of grays and purples, providing a unique focal point, and stirring conversations. Remember, the key is subtlety. Don’t overwhelm the space with large pieces. Instead, opt for small to medium-sized pieces strategically placed to enhance the room’s aesthetic.
Experiment with different locations – above the bathtub, next to the vanity, or on a statement wall. The idea is to balance the tones while adding a dash of excitement to your bathroom.
Purple Flower Arrangements Placed Around the Bathroom
Floral arrangements hold a significant role in creating an inviting atmosphere in the bathroom. Opt for purple flowers such as lavender, purple roses, or lilacs to infuse splashes of royal color around the gray theme. Place these arrangements on windowsills, countertops, or even ledges of your bathtub for added effect.
1. Lilacs in a rusted or ceramic bucket can provide an elegant rustic touch.
2. A small arrangement of lavender, admired for its calming properties, sits perfectly on the sink corner or atop the toilet tank to promote relaxation.
3. Purple roses in a clear glass vase will easily elevate the aesthetic of your bathroom, bringing in a sense of luxury.
4. Fabricate floating floral pieces in a watery basin, preferably in clear glass, to create a serene spa-like ambiance.
5. Hanging floral arrangements aren’t just for outdoor spaces. Consider hanging cascading purple bloomers like petunias from wall-mounted planters for a unique vertical interest.
Employing these varieties and concepts, flower arrangements can further enhance the gray and purple theme of your bathroom, making it a haven for relaxation.